Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Turkey


All right folks I need to tell you about something that is making pretty angry. Here it is. It is not even Thanksgiving Day yet and people (retailers) are gearing up for Christmas. The radio stations are playing Christmas music already, the stores are touting Christmas sales already, and the cable channels are playing Christmas stories. Can't a guy just enjoy one day with his turkey without thinking about the next holiday?



Ummmmmmmmmmmmm!


Why do Americans have to rush everything today?  Are we rushing around because of the Internet or phone apps that we can't seem to live without or is it the fast food industry or is the microwave to blame? Why can't we slow down and enjoy the seasons and holidays that we are in and worry about the next one the day after?

Don't get me wrong I like Christmas very much but I don't want to be thinking about it right now. Right now I have ugly bird on my mind. Thanksgiving not Christmas is Thursday. I haven't even had any turkey yet and I am being bombarded with Christmas. I look forward to eating turkey and watching the Detroit Lions play foosball on the big day.


            "The Detroit Lions ain't de devil, de just play dat way!"








I love the white meat of that ugly bird. I want mashed potatoes. I want to eat rolls until I can't fit one more bite in my mouth but not to the point of gluttony like Mr. Creosote .




 One more mint buddy?








I must confess though I have eaten two pumpkin pies already because they were the first to greet me on my way into the local grocery store. How could I resist. Resistance was futile!












"You ate the last piece of pie didn't you!"



Another thing that ticks me off is that we have forgotten the true meaning of Thanksgiving. For a little history on Thanksgiving click here: http://www.history.com/topics/thanksgiving and or here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving and educate yourself on our history.


Whether you are a person of faith or not I think that every American can find a reason to be thankful for the country that we live in. I would like to send a special thank you to the troops that are fighting in foreign lands and can't be with their families on this holiday. My hats off to you.



Leon

Thank God for America

Images: Yahoo Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not in right now but if you leave a comment I just might respond.