Monday, April 30, 2012

Titanic and Oreos


I thought it would be fitting for my 100th blog to be about a hundred year anniversary of something. It just happens to be the hundred year anniversary of two major somethings. Read on good people.

What do the Titanic and Oreos have in common? Well let me tell you. First off the RMS Titanic was sunk in April 15th, 1912 (100 years ago). Look at the illustration below to see how the Titanic was sunk. 


I know Godzilla didn't sink the Titanic but I couldn't pass on my chance to revise history like some publishers are trying to do with America's history, plus it is a cool illustration.


Hey, wait a minute I just realized there is another sinking that happens each and every April 15th in America. Anyone care to guess what sinking I am talking about, anyone, anyone, Bueller? That's right, taxes.  My audience is so smart, that's why I keep you kids around.




Sorry got off track. Well the production of the Oreo started in 1912 too (100 years ago). How yin and yangy is that? A terrible tragedy and a human achievement in the same year, both still live on after all these years, one in our memories and one in our mouths. I was hoping to find a picture of Godzilla eating an Oreo but I couldn't, I guess he eats rice cakes instead (He is Japanese, I saw the sub-titles). Since I couldn't find Godzilla I asked another celebrity to talk about Oreos for me.

Cookie Monster

"What you want me to do with this garbage? Me want some Triple stuffed Oreos right now or me is going to hurt someone!" 

OK, OK here are your Oreos CM. Take it easy and enjoy. Now since this is the 100 year anniversary of both events maybe it is fitting for all of my audience to take a cruise and eat a bag of Oreos. If you take a cruise make sure it isn't crossing the Atlantic.

Leon

P.S. This blog is actually number 101

Images: Yahoo Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am not in right now but if you leave a comment I just might respond.